当前位置：首页 > 公共英语(PETS) > 正文
Section I Listening Comprehension
This section is designed to test your ability to understand spoken English. You will hear a selection of selected materials and you must answer the questions that accompany them. There are three parts in this section: Part A, Part B, and Part C.
Remember while you are doing the test you should first put down your answers in your test booklet. At the end of the listening comprehension section, you will have 5 minutes to transfer all your answers from your booklet to ANSWER SHEET 1
If you have any questions, you may raise your hand NOW as you will not be allowed to speak once the test has started.
Now look at Part A in your test booklet.
You will hear a passage about vegetable growing. Listen and complete the sentences in questions 1～5 with the information you have heard. Write not more three words for each answer. You will hear the recording twice.
1. By growing vegetables which live in cool climate in the hot places, they will grow faster and .
2. What the engineers used is simply.
3. They placed pipes in the soil and cold water flowing through them cools .
4. What is especially appealing about this process is that nothing damaging to is being used.
5. Another innovative use for cold ocean water is .
You will hear a passage. Answer questions 6～10 while you listen. Write as simply as possible for each answer. You will hear the recording twice. You now have 25 seconds to read each questions.
6.As a result of rising university costs, what are many students finding it necessary to do ?
7. For some students, what could these part _ time jobs lead to?
8. What kind of part _ time job requires the least time?
9. To ask for information, what should the students bring?
10. Wholl give hints to successful interviewing?
You will three dialogues or passages. Before listening to each one, you will have time to read the questions related to it. While listening, answer each question by choosing A, B,C or D. After listening, you will have time to read your answer.You will hear piece only once.
Questions 11～13 are based on the following passage. You now have 15 seconds to read questions 11～13.
11. How did the friend get into the flat?
［A］ Through the kitchen window.
［B］ Through the living _ room window.
［C］ The door was not locked.
［D］ The neighbor gave him the key.
12. Why did the speaker ask his friend to help himself to food and drink?
［A］ The friend was very hungry.
［B］ There were eggs and chicken in the refrigerator.
［C］ He would come home late.
［D］ The friend was very good at cooking.
13. Why was the speaker astonished?
［A］ The friend was expecting to stay with him.
［B］ There was no key under the door _ mat.
［C］ The friend had a wonderful meal in his absence.
［D］ The friend got into the neighbors flat.
Questions 14～16 are based on the following passage You now have 15 seconds to read the questions 14～16.
14. How far is the earth away from the sun?
［A］ 93 million miles.
［B］ 193 million miles.
［C］ 930 million miles.
［D］ 93 billion miles.
15. What is the temperature on the sun?
［A］ Not clear.
［B］ 10,000 degrees Fahrenheit.
［C］ 10,000 degrees Centigrade.
［D］ Over 2,000 degrees Fahrenheit.